"GOD HATES ALLAH"?

Another typical example of how I thought I'd come up with an original meme, only to Google-discover how utterly unoriginal I am.

However, if the Moon God theory is correct, the god of the Old Testament is not the same god as the god of the Koran.

Maybe I should have said "ALLAH HATES GOD"? Of the two memes, it's in the Google minority.

Is this a thoughtful thing to think about?

(I'd hate to be guilty of thinking thoughtless thoughts about thoughtful things....)

MORE: If there is a serious side to this, it's the possibility that different religions might be worshipping different gods.

Is that supposed to come as a shock?

posted by Eric on 08.29.07 at 10:39 AM

Comments

I'll bet that there will also be a relative lack of hits if you search for "shrimps hate G-d".

triticale   ·  August 29, 2007 10:55 AM

Ah, that wonderful website:

Their latest sign reads,

PINCH THE TAIL

SUCK THE HEAD
BURN IN HELL

I wouldn't expect to find any hits for "SHRIMPS HATE GOD," because shrimps have never been known to engage in public displays of ingratitude.

Eric Scheie   ·  August 29, 2007 11:06 AM

Alah wants his followers to kill themselves in a spectacular fashion, taking as many innocent lives as possible.

Alah wants his followers to abduct, torture and kill innocent people.

Allah wants his followers to destroy the property of people they have never met.

Allah wants his followers to kill their own children for the slightest disobedience.

It's simple. Allah is Satan. We were warned in the new testament that subsequent prophets would come, but that their message had would confirm the old and new testament or they would be agents of Satan.

Clearly, Mohammad was.

a4jihad   ·  August 29, 2007 11:50 AM

Recently, while in Istanbul I had a self described 'free thinking' Turk relate almost the exact same description of Islam. Except his explanation differed in that he said Mohammed had co-opted the practices of a pre-Islamic sun worshipping religion, thus explaining why prayer times are directly linked to the position of the sun and specifically described moslems as sun worshippers.

ThomasD   ·  August 29, 2007 11:54 AM

The idea that Allah is Satanic is an opinion, and I'm sure there are others who would agree. But considering that there's a First Amendment right in the United States to worship gods that some people consider Satanic, I'm not sure that ends the argument.

Anonymous   ·  August 29, 2007 11:55 AM

And Jehovah was the result of His priesthood bolting together the attributes of numerous other Hebraic Gods as the Yahwist priesthood won and turned the Jewish people reluctantly monotheistic. Just as the Olympian Gods are conglomerates (only in very sanitized myth accumulations for schoolchildren do the myths for any God make sense as stories of one Being). There is nothing new about bolting new attributes onto a Deity.

Fritz   ·  August 29, 2007 12:34 PM

I like this group.

Good post, sort of reminds me of one I did back in June:

"Allah Laughs at Us"

N. Lihach   ·  August 29, 2007 1:03 PM

In the words of the late Robert Graves (probably in the White Goddess, which would be a fundamental text for anyone who dares to enter this thicket-filled grove):

Conquering gods their titles take
From the foes they captive make.

italtrav   ·  August 29, 2007 1:21 PM

After the Christmas earthquake in Bam, Iran, and the Christmas tidalwave, I'd say Christ may hate Moslems.

Bombast   ·  August 30, 2007 1:01 AM

Jews were influenced by the Babylonian Zoroastrians. The idea of Satan in the Jewish religion came from them.

M. Simon   ·  August 30, 2007 12:04 PM