I Wake Up Screaming

As you know I'm not one to see the glass as half empty.  At least I hope I'm not.  But the day after Osama's death, I woke up screaming.  Before I even checked my facebook, I knew the vast majority of my friends would be going "We won, let's go home now."

Well... what do you know, they were saying exactly that.  And my fear led me to write an article for Pajamas Media: http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/do-not-go-back-to-sleep-america/2/

I want to be told I'm wrong.  I don't like being afraid.

posted by Sarah on 05.03.11 at 09:51 AM

Comments

Ma'am, I fear that you are not wrong. Our political betters need to withdraw because they need a Clinton "peace dividend" to spend on other things.

gb   ·  May 3, 2011 10:28 AM

A part of a comment I posted here.

===

My hope was that Bush would get a second term and entrench the policy. And so it is. Kerry's loss was a very happy day indeed.I'm also heartened by the fact that the war on Islamic Radicalism seems to be at this point firmly entrenched US policy. No President could have been more opposed to that policy. And yet here he is putting some effort into it and not doing much in the way of keeping his promises on that front. In other words: BushII.

M. Simon   ·  May 3, 2011 12:41 PM

Reminds me of that Dan Simmons short from 2006 or so.... about the hundred year war...

Darius Garsys   ·  May 3, 2011 9:52 PM

I feel the same way. I will say you are wrong just because no matter what it is better to get your guy than not. That's how I am trying to look at it not cause and effect from what is to maybe or maybe not happen in the future. Rather the success vs. failure after a long time. A success

Greensboro   ·  May 4, 2011 1:08 AM

Bah, you need a better class of friends...

Keith_Indy   ·  May 4, 2011 2:38 PM

You're wrong. Really. Go back to sleep.

Actually, I think one thing the left seems to be most deploring (the mass celebrations) may well have helped a lot more than most think. Much of "our" problem is not understanding "them" - but there's one thing we both understand. We both like to win. And, I honestly think they didn't understand that.

It's not like we've ever previously given any indication understandable in their culture that we thought winning was a good thing.Now we have.

Kathy Kinsley   ·  May 4, 2011 9:00 PM

Or, to be more blunt...that (ever so deplorable) nationwide celebration was a really strong punch in the nose of the bully.

Kathy Kinsley   ·  May 4, 2011 9:07 PM