They Lost It

No. Not the media over the shootings in Arizona. They lost Obama's birth certificate. Maybe lost it is the wrong term. "Can't find it" is more like it.

Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie suggested in an interview published today that a long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate for Barack Obama may not exist within the vital records maintained by the Hawaii Department of Health.

Abercrombie told the Honolulu Star Advertiser he was searching within the Hawaii Department of Health to find definitive vital records that would prove Obama was born in Hawaii, because the continuing eligibility controversy could hurt the president's chances of re-election in 2012.

Donalyn Dela Cruz, Abercrombie's spokeswoman in Honolulu, ignored again yesterday another in a series of repeated requests made by WND for an interview with the governor.

Toward the end of the interview, the newspaper asked Abercrombie: "You stirred up quite a controversy with your comments regarding birthers and your plan to release more information regarding President Barack Obama's birth certificate. How is that coming?"

In his response, Abercrombie acknowledged the birth certificate issue will have "political implications" for the next presidential election "that we simply cannot have.

Well isn't that interesting.

The infamous Ulsterman secret source has a few words on the subject. He is discussing Palin's chances in 2012 and the birther issues come up.

I still find her appeal a fascinating thing to watch unfold, but she will not be a factor beyond some version of a conservative political cheer leader IMO. Unless, and I will throw you a bit of a bone here, UNLESS something comes out on the birther stuff. Yeah, I'm bringing it up myself here. Something is out there but nobody wants to touch it. The topic is coming up amongst us more than it ever has. I'm talking people who mocked it, dismissed it before, who are now quietly saying something is stirring out there on this subject and it's got the WH very concerned. Big time worried. There are discussion in the WH about the issue. And I think some of the Republican leadership has a whiff of it but all indications appear to be they want nothing to do with it. It's being buried deep. For now.

Barring something on that subject coming to light, I don't see Sarah Palin playing a significant role as a candidate in 2012. And the birther thing is not the scandal I have spoken of before. THAT event is still unfolding. Maybe. Issa and Co have sent out some interesting smoke signals in-house. I think he may actually pursue something there. If he does follow through, here is how it will likely go down based on the admittedly general information I have been told. Something along the lines of the DOJ being investigated. Perhaps the NBP case or similar. Within the context of that investigation things will be lead back to Chicago. Banking, election fraud, organized crime...so many possibilities there. The activity in Chicago by WH operatives has been significant in recent months.

Everywhere I look, they pop up. The damn unions are proving a real PITA for us. They are still in big time damage control mode. If Issa pushes hard, things will happen. If he has been compromised somehow, it could all get buried. I maintain as I always have that it starts in DC and then back to Chicago. This is the path that could collapse the Obama White House. On that I remain completely convinced. So much depends on Republican led investigations though. Thought NYT had lead on story but now believe that to be incorrect. WAPO information still seems credible though. They continue to circle it I believe and WH knows this.

Well who knows? It could be smoke and mirrors or smoke and fire.

Wouldn't it be a hoot though if we found out we haven't had a President for the last two years? I wonder if any bills he signed could be considered law?

In any case a LOT of people would be pissed.

H/T a friend of mine who is rather energetic. I'm working with him to display some of that energy.

Cross Posted at Power and Control

posted by Simon on 01.19.11 at 09:55 AM

Comments

The real repercussions, and also why this my be hard to expose, is who else knew. Any elector, state assembly memeber, governor, Senator, Congress person or other election official knew of his ineligibility but voted, certified or counted the votes, then they are culpable for defrauding the election and attempting to install an illegal president.

I think we'd definitely want to look at all those who were so adamant at not exposing the birth certificate as to whether they were dupes or malicious conspirators.

JKB   ·  January 19, 2011 12:25 PM

Here is what the governor said:

***QUOTE***

Q: You stirred up quite a controversy with your comments regarding birthers and your plans to release more information regarding President Barack Obama's birth certificate. How is that coming?

A: I got a letter from someone the other day who was genuinely concerned about it; it is not all just political agenda. They were talking on Olelo last night about this; it has a political implication for 2012 that we simply cannot have.

(Abercrombie said there is a recording of the birth in the State Archives and he wants to use that.)

It was actually written I am told, this is what our investigation is showing, it actually exists in the archives, written down ...

...What I can do, and all I have ever said, is that I am going to see to it as governor that I can verify to anyone who is honest about it that this is the case.

If there is a political agenda then there is nothing I can do about that, nor can the president.

***END QUOTE***

Is saying "there is a recording of the birth" really the same as saying there isn't a long form, or that he can't find it?

I don't think so, but I do think they're playing games to tweak the right wing. Hawaii has already certified Obama was born there, which they can -- and there isn't a whole lot anyone can do about it short of proving conclusively that he wasn't.

I hasten to add that there is nothing in the Constitution requiring anyone to submit a "long form." For much of our history, parental accounts of birth were simply taken at their word.

Eric Scheie   ·  January 19, 2011 2:35 PM

Careful - this is WND we're talking about here, and they're not exactly the most reliable source. For example, I see nothing in the original">http://www.staradvertiser.com/editorials/20110118_This_is_a_collaborative_endeavor.html">original Honolulu Star Advertiser story that suggests that the "governor can't find [the] Obama [long-form] birth certificate" as the WND headline trumpets. In fact, their article specifically admits that "Abercrombie did not report to the newspaper that he or the Hawaii Department of Health had found Obama's long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate."

Executive summary: the WND headline is a bald-faced lie, contradicted by the original source and their own article. The MSM aren't the only ones that do bad journalism.

Robin Munn   ·  January 19, 2011 11:46 PM

If you're looking in Hawaii, you're looking in the wrong place. Anne Dunham lived her teen-aged years in say Mercer's Island, Washington. A mixed race child still not being very well-accepted at the time in the US, there is more than idle speculation that Barack Hussein's original birth certificate would have come from the more tolerant Canadian city just across the border, Vancouver.

Eh   ·  January 19, 2011 11:47 PM

Hawaii has certified he was born there. States have a right to do that. It's like a judgment, a death certificate, or a divorce decree.

Unless someone can show proof of fraud, the rest is speculation. The duty is not on Hawaii to prove the validity of their records, nor is it on Obama. That is the way official records work.

Unless they have something tangible, I think that people who want to look beyond the official record for further proof are wasting their time -- and of course helping Obama.

Eric Scheie   ·  January 20, 2011 12:15 AM

Eric,

It may matter next election as a number of states have passed laws.

M. Simon   ·  January 20, 2011 2:00 AM

What is needed these days to meet the "standing" issue is so narrow as to make the facts of Obambi's birth irrelevant. But let's assume his real birth certificate is found and it documents what the birthers fear, and Obambi confirms those details, there is nobody empowered to remove him from Office except under impeachment. Was it a clear felony to pass as a citizen? On the earth where we live does anyone think the Senate will vote to convict? Every day that goes by is one less reason for the Ruling Class to tolerate any legal action over this matter. "Barry's only x days from leaving office, why should I risk my neck to throw him out?"

I'm certain there is something being covered up, probably ID of father or the date of birth, but this tilting at windmills is stupid. You can't get into court and there is nobody to enforce the ruling if it goes the way we want. Other than that, there is no reason to not charge at the windmills.

Scott M   ·  January 20, 2011 6:07 AM

If it never existed, it wasn't lost.

Brett   ·  January 20, 2011 8:01 AM

I think the Obama team is playing games to keep the issue on the back burner, and are waiting for the opportune moment to release further original documentation. If states pass laws requiring something more than an official short form to run for president, Team Obama will roll their eyes and come up with it maybe in the summer of 2012.

(And the narrative going into the election will be "We told you all along those birthers were being unreasonable!")

Eric Scheie   ·  January 20, 2011 10:45 AM

No, they certified they have a record which claims he was born there. Not the same thing.

The duty of any state that is part of our nation is to uphold our laws. The duty of any man who wants to lead us is to uphold our laws.

It is the duty of every American to act in accordance with American Law. It is the EXPLICIT duty of the Election boards in All 50 states to verify a candidate's qualifications prior to placing him on the ballot.

What occurred was malfeasance by incompetence on the part of the State election boards, and intentional malfeasance by Nancy Pelosi who Certified Obama as meeting the requirements in the absence of sufficient proof that he does so.

DiogenesLamp   ·  January 20, 2011 11:33 AM

What makes this issue even more stupid is that Birth on the soil does not confer the status of "Natural Born Citizen." That can only be inherited by being born to two citizen parents.

Obama is illegitimate no matter how you slice it.

DiogenesLamp   ·  January 20, 2011 11:37 AM

You take WND seriously?

I won't bore you with a long list of links, just try this Google search to get a little of it. They're lying wackaloons. Debunked repeatedly, and not ashamed of it.

Don   ·  January 20, 2011 3:18 PM

You take WND seriously?

Don ยท January 20, 2011 3:18 PM

What does WND have to do with anything? I take article II of the US Constitution seriously, and I believe it means what it says.

Don't you?

DiogenesLamp   ·  January 20, 2011 4:11 PM

Oh, look...turns out it was a hoax. Who knew?

Don   ·  January 27, 2011 2:57 PM